The Isle of Canna
Duncan MacArthur (highlighted) came, with his brother Allan, from the Isle of Canna, Scotland. They settled on Cape Mabou in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia sometime before 1815.
Isle of Canna Canna is the most westerly of four Small Isles and covers 3000 acres. Previously owned by John Lorne Campbell, it was given to the National Trust for Scotland in 1981. The island is farmed by the National Trust, has ten working crofts and a current population of 16. Canna has many sites of archaeological interest, including nine scheduled monuments, and has links to the Neolithic, Columban and Viking eras.
Some views of the Isle of Canna
To see where it is located
click on the box in this map